Ryan J. McGraw
Ryan McGraw is a trial lawyer with a history of success in child sex abuse and civil rights cases. In the last four years alone, his works on behalf of child sexual abuse survivors, victims of crime, and civil rights victims have resulted in over $7,000,000 in verdicts, settlements, and judgments. Including $1,000,000, $800,000, and $500,000 for children abused by Catholic priests.
In addition to his trial work, Ryan also serves as outside counsel for business clients on a wide-range of issues including entity selection and formation, contract drafting review, as well as complex mergers and acquisitions. His outstanding work has resulted in his selection and inclusion in the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, which recognizes the best attorneys under 40 years old in the State of Ohio, every year since 2017.
A Cincinnati native, Ryan graduated from St. Xavier High School before continuing his education at The Ohio State University. Following college, Ryan returned home to attend law school at the University of Cincinnati College of Law where he was an Editor of the Law Review. As a member of law review, Ryan had one of his publications cited in a decision by the Supreme Court of Ohio.
In his spare time, Ryan enjoys golfing, traveling with his wife and daughter, and all things Ohio State and UC.
Areas Of Practice
- Child Sex Abuse
- Civil Rights
- Title IX
- Ohio, 2012
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 2012
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 2012
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- J.D. - 2012
- Honors: magna cum laude
- The Ohio State University
- Honors: summa cum laude
- St. Xavier High School, 2005
- OH, BY THE WAY . . . ": WHY THE SUPREME COURT OF OHIO LOST ITS WAY IN STATE OF OHIO V. FISCHER , 80 UCINLR 567, Winter, 2011
- John Milligan, Esq.
- Megan Collard, Esq.
- Zachary El-Sawaf, Esq.
- Michael F. Arnold, Esq.
Honors and Awards
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2017 - 2022
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Crime Victim’s Bar Association, 2012 to Present
- Ohio Association of Justice, 2012 to Present
- Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association, 2015 to Present
- Ohio Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Warren County Bar Association
- Potter Stewart Inn of Court, Barrister
- Cincinnati Bar Foundation, Board Member – 2022 – present
Past Employment Positions
- Kircher Law Office, LLC
Pro Bono Activities
- St. X Young Alumni was 2012-2018
- UC Entrepreneurship was 2016-2017
- YMCA was 2016-2019
- Treasurer, Shanahan for Norwood Campaign