Nick Graman is an Ohio native who graduated cum laude from Xavier University. Nick graduated from the University of Cincinnati College of Law where he served as the business manager for the University of Cincinnati Law Review. He also clerked for Ohio's Twelfth District Court of Appeals while in school.
Mr. Graman concentrates on criminal defense. He has an extensive criminal defense practice in Warren County, Hamilton County, Clermont County, and Butler County. He is trained and certified in Standardized Field Sobriety Testing and prepared to aggressively defend DUI charges. In addition to DUI cases, Mr. Graman handles all felony and misdemeanor charges, including domestic violence, theft, and drug offenses.
Mr. Graman has a strong record of success in defending criminal cases. He has worked out various misdemeanor pleas deals for clients who were facing lengthy prison sentences and felony convictions, including clients who were facing first and second degree felony charges. He is also prepared to litigate if a favorable plea deal is not reached. For example, Mr. Graman has received a not guilty verdict in a jury trial for a man facing 8 years in prison when the last plea offered by the prosecution was a 4 year prison term.
Mr. Graman also has an extensive and successful appellate practice. He has argued in several appellate courts across Ohio as well as multiple times before the Supreme Court of Ohio. As a result of Mr. Graman's success in the Ohio Supreme Court, defendants who successfully complete a treatment program are now eligible to have their records immediately sealed.
Based on his experience and success, Mr. Graman has been selected numerous times to the Ohio Super Lawyers Rising Stars list and has been named a Top 100 Trial Lawyer by The National Trial Lawyers. Mr. Graman has also been a speaker at Ohio seminars on criminal defense topics and has been published in the Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers magazine.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense 100%
Certified Legal Specialties
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing
- Ohio, 2007
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 2010
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- J.D. - 2007
- Xavier University, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Bachelor of Arts
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: With Honors
- Major: History
- State v. Niesen-Pennycuff
- State v. Wyatt
- Speaker, Ohio Seminars on criminal defense topics
Honors and Awards
- Top 100 Trial Lawyer, The National Trial Lawyers
- Rising Stars, Ohio Super Lawyers
- Super Lawyers Rising Star
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warren County Bar Association
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Ohio Association for Justice
- Ohio Association of Criminal Defense Attorneys, Member, 2007
Past Employment Positions
- Ohio's Twelfth District Court of Appeals, Clerk