What to Do After a Car Accident
Guiding You After You Have Been Injured in a Car Accident
If you feel lost and confused about what to do after a car accident, you are not alone. Most people who have suffered injuries in motor vehicle accidents often have more questions than answers. To ensure you take the right steps after your accident, it is important to hire experienced counsel to lead you along the correct path.
The Cincinnati car accident attorneys at Rittgers & Rittgers have been helping clients understand what to do after car accidents for more than 30 years. We have the experience and knowledge required to obtain full and fair compensation for individuals injured in car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents and a variety of other personal injury accidents.
There are several important steps that you can take immediately after suffering an injury in a car accident that will help protect your car accident settlement claim, including:
- Seek any necessary medical treatment: Seek treatment for your car accident injuries as you would any other injury. The goal is to obtain the medical assistance you need to get back to the place you were prior to your accident, or as close to it as possible.
- Call a lawyer: The earlier you contact a personal injury attorney, the better. A lawyer can guide you through giving statements to an insurance company, collect your medical records, document your injuries and medical bills, and begin preparing your case for trial. Without preparing a case for trial, a fair settlement will not be reached.
- Speak only to your lawyer: Do not discuss your accident with anyone but your lawyer and your doctor. Refer all calls from insurance adjusters to your lawyer. The adjuster is not your friend, regardless of how nice he or she seems.
- Save any and all evidence: When possible, take photographs of your damaged vehicle and your injuries. Keep all medicine bottles, casts, crutches, and any other objects you receive in relation to your car accident injuries.
- Follow your doctor’s instructions properly: Do not skip appointments or stop treatment until your doctor has said you have reached a full recovery.
Do Not Worry if You Have Not Taken All of These Steps
Car accidents can cause an extensive amount of stress. Even minor injuries are debilitating and disruptive to your daily routine. After a car accident, your work and family life will be affected. Most people are not sure what steps to take after a car accident. Do not worry. If you have not taken all of these steps yet, the most important thing to do is hire an experienced personal injury attorney to assist you. Please make sure you are comfortable with the lawyer you choose.
Contact One of Our Cincinnati Auto Insurance Claim Attorneys
If you would like to know what to do after a car accident, contact our Ohio law firm. From offices in Lebanon, West Chester and downtown Cincinnati, we serve clients in Butler, Warren and Hamilton counties and the surrounding areas of southwest Ohio.