Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima
Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima


Bg Familylaw
  1. Home
  2.  | 
  3. Family Law
  4.  | Post-Decree Modifications

Modifying Support And Custody Agreements In Ohio

If you are in need of legal assistance to seek a modification of your child support, spousal support or child custody agreement, it is important that you seek out a family law attorney who will work hard for you.

At Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima, we provide strong negotiation and litigation services to family law clients throughout Ohio, including those in Hamilton, Oxford, Lebanon, Cincinnati and more. our child support modification lawyers know what is required in all modification cases. Our experience and knowledge can be of great benefit to you in handling your case.

Child Custody And Visitation Modifications

To modify a shared parenting plan in Ohio, one must prove a change in circumstances. Such a change must be “substantial,” and such determination is made on a case-by-case basis. Often in custody situations, a child’s needs have changed or the child has aged enough that he or she has the ability to express an opinion as to the arrangement.

Another common situation involves a parent who wishes to seek child relocation, perhaps for a new job or to remarry. These cases, known as intent to relocate cases, must be brought before a family law judge. Our attorneys are available to represent you whether you are seeking the modification or defending against any change.

Spousal Support And Child Support Modifications

While spousal support and child support modifications also require a substantial change in circumstances, such as a change in income or loss of job, there is a difference between how these types of support are handled. A child support modification case can be brought in one of two ways:

  • The Child Support Enforcement Agency (CSEA) may choose to modify child support on its own. The CSEA will send you a letter asking for financial documentation to determine if such a modification is warranted.
  • A party to the child support arrangement can seek to increase the support they receive or lower their support obligations by petitioning the court.

On the other hand, spousal support modification cases only occur at the request of either party. Regardless of which side you are on, we will be here to help you find a solution that best fits your needs.

Contact Our Family Law Attorneys For More Information

If you would like to change child custody or visitation arrangements, or if you would like to modify spousal support or child support, seek out dedicated legal representation from Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima. Call our law firm at 513-496-0134 or submit an online contact form.

Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima

Related Blog Posts