Helping Ohio Insurance Owners Understand Their Rights
Accidents happen. Mistakes happen. The person who caused the mistake needs to take responsibility. When we hurt someone because of our negligence, our insurance company is supposed to compensate the injured person. That is why we pay premiums for insurance.
At the Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima law firm, we help people injured in accidents understand their rights and obligations and obtain the insurance they need for recovery. We also help the families of wrongful death victims. We have five office locations and serve clients throughout southwestern Ohio and northern Kentucky.
Understanding The Purpose Of Insurance
In almost every accident case our Cincinnati personal injury attorneys resolve, insurance covers the damages. Sometimes, the insurance companies fight back and don’t want to pay compensation at all, or they don’t want to pay a fair amount. But that’s why we have insurance – to cover us and anyone else we might harm if we cause an accident.
- Most people who drive cars are responsible, follow the law and have insurance to cover themselves and anyone else they may injure in a car accident.
- What if the person who caused the car accident does not have insurance? You can turn to your own car insurance policy for coverage. It’s called uninsured motorist/underinsured motorist coverage. We have that coverage just in case we are injured by a person without insurance.
- Homeowners have insurance so that if an accident happens in the home or if the homeowner’s dog bites someone, the insurance can make it right.
- In a truck accident, there are often multiple insurance companies. The tractor, trailer, cargo and driver may all be covered by separate policies.
- Businesses have insurance just in case someone makes a mistake and that mistake injures or kills another person. That’s true of office buildings as well as amusement parks and water parks.
We understand that insurance law matters can be incredibly complex. Fortunately, our knowledgeable personal injury attorneys can sit down with you to answer your questions and ensure the insurance company does not employ certain insurance tricks to take advantage of you.
Talk To A Cincinnati Lawyer About Insurance
If you have been injured in an accident and want to understand your right to make a personal injury claim, contact us to schedule a consultation. Start by calling us at 513-496-0134. To reach us online, send us an email.