Barbara Strady devotes her law practice to helping injury victims. Barb is willing and eager to take difficult cases that other lawyers refuse because she wants to help people. She has a history of winning difficult cases for her clients. Barb puts herself in her clients’ shoes and takes a personal approach to each case she accepts. Most of Barb’s clients have her cell phone and consider Barb to be, not only their lawyer, but also a friend. Through this approach, Barb has made long lasting friendships with her former clients and frequently receives referrals from other lawyers and people she helped in past cases.
Barb is a member of the Ohio State Bar Foundation where she serves as a Board of Trustee and committee member. Barb is a member of the United States Supreme Court as well as a number of other local organizations including the Ohio Association for Justice which devotes itself to help injury victims.
Barb, her husband, and their two daughters live in Kettering, Ohio. As a family they enjoy hiking, going on family vacations, exploring different cultures, and spending time together. In her free time, Barb enjoys relaxing with a good book and gardening. She is also a true fan and supporter of her alma mater, the University of Dayton Flyers, but also loves to cheer for the Ohio State Buckeye football and basketball teams.
Mentionable Case Victories
- Begley et. al. v. Arnold T. Combs, et. al. 04CI00084 Perry Circuit Court, Hazard, Ky- case against trucking company and manufacturer of brake drum when drum fell apart while on a coal truck and struck a child in the head. Confidential settlement against Gunite and Trucking Co.
- Wanda Deaton et.al. vs. Ryder TRS et.al. 97-183. A two wheel Tow Dolly failed and the vehicle it was hauling came off striking a vehicle, fatality injuring two individuals in Crittenden, KY- Confidential settlement.
- Carl Smith v. Greater Dayton RTA et.al. 2008 CV 11382 Montgomery County. Plaintiff Smith ran out of gas, while moving the vehicle he was struck by an RTA vehicle, causing an amputated leg- Confidential settlement.
- Scott Ovington v. Time Warner Cable Inc.,et. al. Case no: 13CV84060 Warren County—Ovington was severely injured when the cable line snapped due to a connection failure and he fell 24 feet. Settlement Confidential.
- Estate of Michael Lewis vs. RMB Enterprises Inc. et. al., Case no: Butler County CV 2009-11-5000. Worker fatally injured when a split rim wheel exploded while working on the tire. Products liability, Intentional tort and negligence case. Manufacturer was in Bankruptcy, but collected from other defendants $617,500.00.
- Eric Thornhill v. Jason Hitchcock Trucking, LLC et. al.-– Greene County case no: 2013 CV 0948 – Thornhill was a passenger in an asphalt truck when the driver when off the road, over corrected, causing the fully loaded asphalt truck to roll over. Thornhill was severely injured leaving him a quadriplegic. Settlement $1.85 million.
- Caudill et al v. E.I. DuPont De Nemours and Company, Case No: 04-cv-00229 in the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Kentucky. A pipe at the Dupont plant in Greenup Kentucky was leaking sulfur trioxide into the air causing 200 people to have severe breathing, skin and eye reactions. Five of the cases were tried and a verdict of $1,800,000.00 was reached for those five plaintiffs. The verdict included punitive damages. The remaining cases settled for a confidential amount.
Mentionable Court Decisions
- Kimberly Lentz, et al. v. Harvestland Land Co-op, Inc., et al., Butler County, 2004, Judgment in the amount of $160,000.00. Lentz was injured when anhydrous ammonia was released into the atmosphere and she drove through a cloud of the chemical.
Areas Of Practice
- Criminal Defense
- Personal Injury
- Family Law and Divorce
- OVI/DUI Defense
- Vehicle Accidents
- Victims Rights
- Ohio, 1991
- Kentucky, 2000
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1991
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky, 2006
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2017
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- J.D. - 1990
- University of Dayton, Ohio
- B.S. - 1987
Honors and Awards
- Speaker for the National Business Institute, “Litigating the Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist Claim,” 2013
- Speaker for the National Business Institute, “Applying the Rules of Evidence: What Every Attorney Needs to Know” 2014
- Maple Tree Cancer Alliance (Cancer survivors supporter)—Panel of experts at Rise and Shine fundraiser at Soin Medical Center in Beavercreek
- Speaker of Ohio Association for Justice 2015
- Speaker for National Business Institute 2015
- Speaker to parents and high school students—“Now you are 18”—education from Ohio State Bar foundation
- Speaker at Seminar entitled, “Wrongful Death Litigation: Start to Finish” - Tips from Top Attorneys 2017
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Dayton Bar Association
- Mid Miami Valley Bar Association, President, 2016
- Nation’s Top Once Percent Attorney
- Negligence Law Committee, Past Chair
- Miami Valley Trial Lawyers Association
- Ohio Association for Justice, Trustee, 2006 to Present
- Ohio State Bar Foundation, Member and Trustee