Your Experienced Cincinnati Personal Injury Lawyers
At Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima, our skilled and knowledgeable personal injury attorneys in Cincinnati have a lengthy record of results for injured clients. They are an aggressive Ohio legal team that will work with the goals of overcoming every challenge you encounter and ensuring that you can obtain the maximum compensation to move forward with your life. Please contact us now to schedule your first meeting with our knowledgeable lawyers and get immediate help.
Reviews by past clients speak to our lawyers’ past success as well as the care and concern that they show people who have been thrown into tragic and life-changing situations through no fault of their own. Our attorneys are proud to help local people like you rebuild and move forward after a devastating accident. Call us now at 513-496-0134 to schedule your free initial consultation.
“My husband was hit by another driver, which resulted in the death of our granddaughter. Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima handled our claim very professionally and with much compassion. We would recommend Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima very highly.” – Delores
Getting Your Deserved Compensation After An Accident
Our lawyers are often asked, “What is my case worth?” It is essential to understand that there is much more to personal injury and wrongful death cases than medical expenses and lost wages. Of course, those two expenses and losses are part of the damages in personal injury cases, but they are often minimal compared to the human losses involved in a case. Human losses include love, companionship, freedom of movement, hope for the future and much more. Too frequently in the legal world, lawyers and insurance adjusters forget about the most severe losses in a case. Our attorneys pride themselves on understanding human losses, which is how they find the total value in injury cases and determine what each case is worth.
Our lawyers are dedicated to getting compensation for victims of serious injuries of all types in Cincinnati as well as in Hamilton, Warren and Butler counties. They handle cases involving adult and child injuries as well as wrongful death claims. Their cases typically involve negligence in the form of:
- Motor vehicle accidents: The negligence of drivers, including those who are distracted, drunk, aggressive, tired and inexperienced, threatens all motorists. Our lawyers can help you get your deserved compensation for your injuries on dangerous roads in Cincinnati as well as outside the city, including I-71 and I-75.
- Premises liability: Property owners are responsible for unsafe conditions that lead to harm. Our team can help you hold both private and commercial property owners in Cincinnati and the surrounding areas responsible for their negligence.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect: The victims of violence or insufficient care at elder care facilities deserve so much better. Our lawyers hold nursing homes accountable for their negligent actions in Hamilton, Butler and Warren counties as well as other local counties.
- Product liability: Dangerous and defective consumer products and medical devices can cause serious injuries. Our product liability attorneys have recovered millions on behalf of people injured by faulty and poorly made products.
- Dram shop liability: People who are injured because of a drunk driver can often hold the establishment that served the driver responsible for their injuries via the Dram Shop Act. Our attorneys have a thorough understanding of Ohio law, and they will assertively prepare a case on your behalf.
- Wrongful death: The loss of a loved one because of the negligence of another person is devastating. Our lawyers assist families who have lost family members and help them get the compensation they need and deserve.
How Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima Is Different
Our team focuses its efforts on every case: Our attorneys want to ensure that each case they take receives the care and attention it deserves, so they are selective about the claims that they handle. They focus on cases where their decades of experience can make the most difference.
We have a cadre of experts ready to help: Every detail is important. How did the accident happen? How much compensation is necessary? Our offices in Cincinnati and across Ohio employ experts in accident reconstruction, medical issues, life planning, rehabilitation and all the issues involved in personal injury.
We have a record of excellence and results: Our lawyers care about results because they know how much those results mean to people who have suffered severe injuries. Our attorneys understand how much financial compensation matters when you are facing the effects of a life-changing injury or coping with the wrongful death of a loved one.
Get Answers To Your Personal Injury Questions
There is a lot of confusion and misinformation when it comes to personal injury law. Victims of serious accidents can be left without the resources they need to pay medical bills, replace lost wages and move forward if they accept bad advice. Getting the right information when you need it is vital. At Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima, we fight to protect people in the Cincinnati area who have been injured by the negligence or carelessness of others.
Even if you are not ready to call a personal injury lawyer, you still need answers to your questions. Here are a few things that our team has heard from people who were thinking about hiring an attorney:
- Won’t Insurance Pay My Costs?
- How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
- Which Costs Are Covered Under Personal Injury Law?
- What Should I Look For In An Attorney?
- Will My Case End Up In Court?
- What If I Don’t Know Who Caused My Accident?
Won’t Insurance Pay My Costs?
Not voluntarily. Insurance companies do not make money by being generous. They will pay you as little as they can to make you go away. If they can pay you less than you deserve, that is a win for them. If you are wondering why we have insurance, know that there are many benefits despite the challenges of getting compensation after an accident.
Insurance companies – yours and that of the person who caused your injuries – are not on your side. They are about minimizing costs. No insurance company will provide you with any more than you deserve under the terms of your contract. Few, if any, will offer you a fair amount if they think you will accept less. A personal injury attorney is often necessary to get the insurance companies to live up to their contractual agreements. Our team also offers a more in-depth discussion about whether it is worth it to hire a personal injury lawyer.
How Much Is My Personal Injury Case Worth?
The short answer is that our attorneys won’t know until they thoroughly review your situation. Many factors affect how much money you are entitled to after an accident.
Which Costs Are Covered Under Personal Injury Law?
This question depends on the specifics of your case, but in general, you can seek compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages
- Pain and suffering
- Lost earning capacity
- Disability accommodation expenses
- Rehabilitation costs and other future medical expenses
- Cost of the property damaged or destroyed in the accident
For a more detailed answer, please visit our page on personal injury damages.
What Should I Look For In An Attorney?
Many attorneys advertise their services in the area of personal injury. Choosing the right one can be difficult. Ask your lawyer about their experience with cases like yours in and around Cincinnati. Some attorneys focus on car accident representation. Others handle premises liability or defective product claims. The key is to find a lawyer or law firm with the resources, dedication and experience to get you all the compensation you deserve.
Will My Case End Up In Court?
The vast majority of personal injury claims filed in Ohio courts don’t go through full trials. In most cases, both parties can agree on a fair settlement without the expense, time and unpredictability of a trial. The problem is that an insurance company has less incentive to negotiate fairly with someone afraid to make their case in court. Your lawyer must be prepared to go to court to make sure that you get what you deserve. If a law firm never goes to trial, that might be a sign that it is willing to accept less than a full and fair result for you.
What If I Don’t Know Who Caused My Accident?
Assigning blame for an accident is not always straightforward. If you were rear-ended, it might not be the fault of the driver who hit you. Legally, many accidents are the results of negligence by two or more people. A series of mistakes can add up to a single tragedy.
If you or a loved one suffered a severe injury, then you should speak to an attorney. At the very least, the lawyer can give you an educated opinion about whether you are entitled to damages under the law. You don’t have to know all the details in advance. What matters is to get the process started as soon as possible to protect your rights.
The Value of a Case Depends on Many Factors
Our personal injury attorneys often talk to people who have been injured, but they are concerned about getting a fair settlement from their insurance companies. They wonder whether the effort is worth it – especially when an insurance adjuster tells them that they are not entitled to coverage or that coverage will be minimal.
For a consultation with one of our motorcycle accident attorneys at Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima, call 513-496-0134 or contact us online. We are available 24/7.
The first step in finding out what your case is worth is to contact an experienced personal injury lawyer. The insurance adjuster is interested in saving the insurance company’s money. At Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima, our attorneys will be focused on getting you all the compensation you need and deserve. From our offices in Lebanon, West Chester and downtown Cincinnati, our lawyers represent clients throughout southwestern Ohio.
Our attorneys have helped people with personal injury and wrongful death claims for all types of accidents for more than 30 years. They know how much a settlement should be – and they fight for that settlement because they know that our clients need that money. Some considerations when determining sufficient compensation include:
- What was the extent of the injury?: If the injury will heal in a few weeks, then it does not require the same level of compensation as a spinal cord injury or brain injury – injuries that can affect the victim for a lifetime.
- How has the injury affected your life?: After some injuries, the healing process is complete fairly quickly, and the fully recovered person can return to work, school and their daily lifestyle without any further problems. Other injuries can mean multiple surgeries and a lifetime of care. Even some seemingly nonserious injuries can bring on early arthritis and other chronic ailments.
- Did the injury cause a disability or a change in employment?: An injury may prevent someone from returning to work. That person may need occupational therapy or job retraining, or they may never be able to work again. Physical and mental scarring can cause serious social and psychological damage.
- How much pain and suffering did the accident cause?: Different types of injuries cause differing levels and lengths of pain. Suffering is difficult to describe, but it can be devastating and include the worry about the injury and what it will do to one’s life. This includes the loss of self-worth that can come from the inability to work or live the life that you and your family expected.
To learn more about what money is recoverable in Ohio accident lawsuits, visit our page: What Damages Are Recoverable In My Injury Case?
Learn How Our Team Can Help
The job of our personal injury lawyers is to determine a monetary value for all the damage that your accident injuries have caused and present a compelling case to the insurance company or a jury. Contact us for a consultation by calling 513-496-0134.
Schedule A Consultation · Available 24/7 · Cincinnati Accident Attorneys
Unsure if you need to hire a personal injury attorney? Read our article, “Dollars And Sense: Is Hiring An Injury Lawyer Worth The Money?.”
Client Review: 5/5 ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
“I had the pleasure of working with Barb Strady on a personal injury case over the last few years. She was always super responsive and aggressive when it came to defending me. I was very happy with the outcome of my case. I refer everyone to Barb!” – Kacie C.