Ellen B. Rittgers, listed again in Ohio Super Lawyers, was named in the Cincinnati Top 50 and Cincinnati Top 25 Women Lawyer lists. A former triathlete and devoted yogi, Ellen has been in private practice for nearly 40 years. A Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Miami University, she graduated from the University of Cincinnati College of Law in 1979. Although Ellen has experience in many areas of the law, for the last 35 years she has limited her practice to family law, notably divorce, dissolution, child custody, and collaborative law. In 2007 Ellen was elected President of the Warren County Bar Association . Ellen is a former board member for Warren County Children Services and the former Clinton Memorial Hospital.
After nearly 40 years of divorce and custody work, Ellen Rittgers continues to receive referrals from clients whom she represented decades ago as well as from lawyers, locally and beyond. Her clients include lawyers, professionals in nearly every field, high level executives, business owners , and spouses of such individuals, all of whom place matters of tremendous financial and personal value in her trust.
Ellen Rittgers has vast experience in custody matters of every kind including, but not limited to, those involving medical and school issues. She will work tirelessly to protect the interests of your children in furtherance of your rights.
Ellen has long-standing relationships with business appraisers and Certified Public Accountants and routinely handles cases involving multimillion-dollar businesses and complex income analysis.
Ellen Rittgers is a talented and experienced litigator with a history of good results spanning nearly 40 years.
She possesses and practices recognized and effective negotiation skills and techniques. Ellen was trained in collaborative practice in 1998 and has been a committed member of The Cincinnati Association of Collaborative Professionals or its predecessor since that time. Ellen is an active member and is committed to the collaborative process and the benefits it brings to divorcing families.
- Ohio, 1979
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- J.D. - 1979
- Miami University, Oxford, Ohio
Honors and Awards
- Ohio Super Lawyers
- Cincinnati Top 50 Women List
- Cincinnati Top 25 Women List
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Warren County Bar Association, President, 2007 to Present
- Southwest Ohio Collaborative Law Association, Member, Present
- The Cincinnati Association of Collaborative Professionals, Committed Member, Present
Past Employment Positions
- Rittgers & Rittgers, Owner/Managing Partner, 1994 to 2017
- Rittgers & Mengle, Partner, 1991 to 1994
Pro Bono Activities
- Warren County Children Services, Former Board Member
- Clinton Memorial Hospital, Former Board Member
- Phi Beta Kappa