Gus is a trial lawyer with extensive jury trial experience. Gus's litigation experience includes cases as a prosecutor, criminal defense attorney, civil defense attorney, and plaintiff's attorney---in short, he can see a case from all angles.
As a member of the Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima, Gus represents injured individuals and families who lost loved ones too soon. He channels his passion, energy, skills and experience toward making his clients whole. An injured person often feels like the deck is stacked against them, but Gus strives to help his clients balance the scales and challenge bigger, more powerful defendants such as insurance companies and large corporations.
Gus spent most of his life in the Cincinnati area, graduated from Kings High School, and Miami University before attending law school at Ohio State where he was named one of top trial advocacy students in the nation.
Outside the courtroom, Gus was recently elected to the Metropolis Council for the Greek Orthodox Diocese of Detroit. The Metropolis Council advises the Metropolitan of Detroit, who oversees parishes in the states of Michigan, Arkansas, Kentucky, and parts of Indiana, Ohio, Tennessee, and Upstate New York.
Gus enjoys spending his free time with his wife and family.
- Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law, Columbus, Ohio
- Honors: George A. Spiegelberg Award for Nation’s Top Oral Advocate (Awarded by the American College of Trial Lawyers)
- Honors: CALI Award for Top Grade in Depositions, Pretrial Litigation, Appellate Advocacy and Lawyers & the Media
- Honors: Extern for The Honorable Judge Walter Rice of the Southern District of Ohio
- Miami University
- Honors: All-American Mock Trial Attorney Award (from the American Mock Trial Association)
- Honors: Harrison Scholar (full four-year scholarship)
- Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Ohio Association for Justice, Member
- Cincinnati Bar Association, Member
- Haughey, Deters & Niehaus LLC
- Dinsmore & Shohl, LLP
- Graydon Head & Ritchey LLP