Konrad is a former Marine Corps infantry officer (1984-1989), graduate of the U.S. Naval Academy (1984), four-time marathon finisher and 20-year triathlete including one Ironman finish (Louisville 2008), who seeks to satisfy his competitiveness in the courtroom. Konrad’s passion is representing the underdog against powerful institutions, and he has built a nationwide reputation as a leader in pursuing perpetrators of child sexual abuse and those organizations which enable them. Konrad has been to the Ohio Supreme Court four times since 2005 on behalf of survivors of child sexual abuse, and he handles such cases throughout Ohio. Konrad recognizes that there is much more to validation of a survivor than just receiving money, and he strives to help address all aspects of the healing process.
Konrad is admitted to practice in Ohio and Kentucky and in all federal courts in both of those states. He is active in the American Association of Justice and the Ohio Association of Justice. He was the 2019 recipient of the J. Thomas Henretta Distinguished Advocate Award from the Ohio Association of Justice for his advocacy on behalf of sexual assault survivors. Konrad was recently chosen as President-Elect of the National Crime Victim Bar Association, where he has co-chaired the Child Sex Abuse Section for many years. He will serve as President of NCVBA in 2021.
Konrad has five daughters, of whom he is very proud and who continue to remind him through their mere presence that there is much in the world worth fighting for.
- Ohio, 1992
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit, 1993
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio, 1992
- Kentucky, 1995
- University of Dayton School of Law, Dayton, Ohio
- J.D. - 1992
- U.S. Naval Academy, Annapolis
- B.S. - 1984
- Major: Political Science
- American University, Washington, District of Columbia
- Master’s Degree in International Affairs
Professional Associations and Memberships
- National Crime Victim’s Bar Association, Co-Chair of Child Sex Abuse Section, 2000 to 2010
- Ohio Association of Justice, 2010 to 2019
- Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association
- Ohio Bar Association
- Cincinnati Bar Association
- Warren County Bar Association
Past Employment Positions
- Gottesman & Kircher
- Marine Corps, Infantry Officer