Lindsay A. Lawrence
- Medical Malpractice 95%
- Personal Injury 5%
Ms. Lawrence was recently selected by US NEWS & World Report for its Best Lawyers 2024 Edition for Medical Malpractice - Plaintiffs, and Personal Injury - Plaintiffs.
Ms. Lawrence is an AV rated attorney who has committed her practice to helping individuals and their families who have been injured throughout the State of Ohio and Commonwealth of Kentucky. Ms. Lawrence's area of practice focuses on medical malpractice, birth injuries, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury and paralysis, wrongful death, and personal injury.
Ms. Lawrence has successfully litigated and settled cases involving spinal cord injuries, birth injuries, paralysis, anesthesia errors, medication errors, wrongful death and other types of medical negligence. She truly believes in advocating for those who have been injured by the negligent conduct of others. Ms. Lawrence is a compassionate yet tough advocate for children, individuals, and their families.
Ms. Lawrence has resolved cases for high seven figures including a case that she co-counseled and resolved on behalf of a family for $6,500,000 pre-suit. She also obtained and was co-counsel on a case that successfully resolved for $4,500,000 pre-suit and was co-counsel on another case that settled pre-suit for $3,250,000.
In 2021, Ms. Lawrence and attorney Matt Nakajima entered a case two weeks before trial and obtained at $825,000 jury verdict in Warren County, Ohio, on behalf of a woman who suffered an ankle fracture. The top offer before their involvement was $90,000 as the defense was disputing liability and causation.
Ms. Lawrence has been selected the last several years by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star - an award given to the top 2.5% of attorneys under the age of 40. Ms. Lawrence was recently selected for 2023 as an Ohio Super Lawyer - an award given to the top 5% of attorneys in the State of Ohio. She has also been identified as a top 40 under 40 attorney by the National Trial Lawyers.
Ms. Lawrence currently serves as the Treasurer for the Ohio Association for Justice, an Ohio organization of attorneys that fight to preserve the civil justice system. She currently serves as the Secretary for the Professional Negligence Section of the American Association for Justice. Ms. Lawrence currently serves on the Executive Committee of the Salmon P. Chase Inn of Court as Treasurer and the Alumni Board of Salmon P. Chase College of Law.
She was again selected by her peers to serve on the American Association of Justice's Board of Governors a national organization comprised of over 20,000 lawyers and currently sits on the board as a Revitalization Member.
Ms. Lawrence grew up in Cincinnati, Ohio and has been a resident of the area for over thirty years. Ms. Lawrence is active in both the Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky communities both with legal and pro bono organizations.
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Highland Heights, Kentucky
- Honors: Semi-finalist in the American Association for Justice National Trial Advocacy Competition
- Honors: Child Welfare & Adoption Law National Moot Court Competition: National Champions, Best Overall Brief
- Honors: National Order of Barristers for Recognition for Her Excellence in Trial Advocacy
- University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati, Ohio
- B.A., Bachelor of Arts
- Major: Communication
- Minor: Public Relations
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Ohio
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Kentucky
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
Honors And Awards
- US New & World Report - Best Lawyers 2024 Medical Malpractice - Plaintiffs and Personal Injury - Plaintiffs.
- Super Lawyers 2023,2024 – awarded to the top 5% of lawyers in the State.
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
- Super Lawyers Rising Star – awarded to the top 2.5% of lawyers under age 40, 2017-2022
- NLD Excellence Award – American Association for Justice (AAJ) 2018-2019
- Cincinnati Bar Association YLS Community Service Award 2019
- Centurion Award – American Association for Justice 2017-2018
- NLD Excellence Award – American Association for Justice (AAJ) 2016-2017
- Top 40 Under 40 - Ohio National Trial Lawyers
- 10.0 Rating by AVVO
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) – Leadership Academy Class 6
- CALL Class 21 – Cincinnati Academy of Leadership for Lawyers
- Anderson High School Hall of Fame Inductee, 1998
- Cincinnati Cystic Fibrosis Foundation – Tomorrow’s Leaders Award 2018
Classes & Seminars
- May 2019 Ohio Association for Justice Annual Convention New Lawyers Training
- June 2019 Northern Kentucky Bar Association CLE Day
- July 2019 American Association for Justice Litigation at Sunrise
- November 2021Ohio Association for Justice Winter Convention
- July 2021 American Association for Justice Professional Negligence Section
- Volunteer Lawyers Project - Legal Aid of Cincinnati - Providing legal assistance to families throughout Southwest Ohio
- Boys & Girls Club of Greater Cincinnati
- EndDD.org - End Distracted Driving Presentation
- Ohio Association for Justice 2022-2023, Vice President
- Ohio Association for Justice 2021-2022, Treasurer
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Board of Governors Revitalization Member, 2018 - 2022
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Member
- Medical Negligence Litigation Group (AAJ), Member
- Professional Negligence Section (AAJ), Member
- Professional Negligence Section (AAJ), Content Editor – Present
- Birth Trauma Litigation Group (AAJ), Member
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Election Committee - Present
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) (New Lawyers Division), Fundraising Committee Co-Chair, 2016 - Present, Public Service Committee, 2017 - Present
- American Association for Justice (AAJ), Membership Oversight Committee (MOC), 2017 - Present
- American Association for Justice (AAJ) Law Schools Committee, 2018 - Present
- Kentucky Justice Association (KJA), Member
- Kentucky Justice Association (KJA), Co-Chair Young Lawyers Section, 2016 - 2017
- Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ), Board of Trustees, 2016 - Present
- Ohio Association for Justice (OAJ), Member
- Southwest Ohio Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- Cincinnati Bar Association (CBA), Member
- Northern Kentucky Bar Association (NKBA), Member
- Salmon P. Chase American Inn of Court, Law Student Liaison, 2017-2020
- Salmon P. Chase Inn of Court, Executive Committee , 2012 – Present
- Salmon P. Chase Inn of Court, Treasurer, 2020-Present
- Cincinnati Bar Association (CBA), Co-Chair Mock Trial Committee , 2015 - 2017
- Salmon P. Chase College of Law, Alumni Board
- Cincinnati Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Tomorrow’s Leaders Vice Chair, 2017 - 2019
- Cincinnati’s Finest Under 50 – Cincinnati Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Ohio State Bar Association (OSBA)
- Kentucky Bar Association (KBA)
- Cincinnati Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, Tomorrow’s Leaders Chair , 2020 - Present
- Ohio Association for Justice 2020-2021, Secretary