Compassionate Representation In Kentucky Wrongful Death Cases
Nothing can prepare you for the untimely loss of a loved one. While life may never again be the same, you can honor your loved one by pursuing a wrongful death claim in their name. A successful claim can secure the financial stability your loved one would have wanted for you.
At Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima in Florence, our lawyers handle wrongful death cases across Kentucky. We are sensitive to the complex emotions involved in these cases. Drawing on many decades of experience helping clients with all types of personal injury cases, our team can serve as your advocate and guide through all stages of the legal process.
What Financial Recovery Can You Get For A Wrongful Death Claim?
In Kentucky, you can pursue compensation – also called damages – for things like:
- Your loved one’s medical bills before they passed away
- Any suffering your loved one endured before their death
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of your loved one’s earning capacity
- “Loss of consortium” for a spouse or child, which is intended to compensate for the loss of your loved one’s emotional support and companionship
Additionally, if intentional wrongdoing contributed to your loved one’s death, you may have grounds for punitive damages. An award of punitive damages is designed to punish the wrongdoer by providing you with an additional financial award.
Award-Winning Lawyers With Vast Experience
Our attorneys have resolved a wide range of wrongful death cases. We know how to seek maximum compensation in cases such as:
- Auto accidents and other fatal traffic collisions
- Medical malpractice
- Defective or dangerous products
- Nursing home abuse or neglect
- Dangerous property conditions
We are experienced in Kentucky courts. While we always aim to secure a favorable settlement outside of court whenever possible, our team has strong trial lawyers who are skilled and capable in court.
We Are Here To Help
We understand how devastating it is to lose a loved one. We are here to help you weigh your legal options. To talk about a wrongful death case, please reach out to our team online or by phone at 859-495-1669. We handle cases across northern Kentucky, including Boone County, Kenton County and beyond.