Being in a car accident can be a frightening experience. Suffering property damage and personal injury brings a lot of stress as well as additional concerns during the recovery period. If you or a loved one were involved in an automobile accident, there are several steps you can take to help yourself proceed on the road to recovery, including contacting a Cincinnati motor vehicle accident lawyer. At Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima, our personal injury team is available to discuss your potential automobile accident case with you.
Dealing with the Aftermath of an Automobile Accident
After a car accident, you can take some smart steps to ensure that all parties involved in the accident are safe and that medical services have been contacted to attend to the injured.
- Contact the police department. A police report is often needed when dealing with further investigations and insurance issues. Ask the officer what you will need to do to obtain a copy of the police report if one is not immediately provided.
- Contact your insurance company. You will want to notify your automobile insurer to inform them of the accident and file a claim as necessary. Your insurance policy may have a variety of benefits to help you during the recovery period from your automobile accident.
- Assess the damage. Damage from car accidents includes property damage as well as physical, mental, or emotional damage to the accident victims. If you are in an accident, take photographs of the property damage and injuries as soon as possible. Make note of any feelings of pain or injury as some injuries do not present immediately. If a medical response team has arrived be sure to provide the full details related to the extent of your injuries.
- At the scene. Obtain witness contact information including names and phone numbers at the scene. We also recommend obtaining the responding police departments contact information. Secure photographs of all vehicles involved in the collision and be sure to ask all drivers for their auto insurance information.
- Contact a Cincinnati motor vehicle accident lawyer. Whether your automobile accident involves property damage, minor injuries, or catastrophic injuries, working with an attorney can be beneficial to evaluate all parts of your car accident claim and fight on your behalf for a favorable resolution of your claim.
How a Cincinnati Motor Vehicle Accident Lawyer Can Help
In the Cincinnati area alone, there have been over 8,000 car accidents in the last six months. At times, resolution of claims and compensation from an automobile accident cannot be resolved without getting lawyers involved. There may be multiple parties involved in an automobile accident with multiple insurance companies. Working through all of these competing claims and protecting your interest can be made easier with the help of award-winning personal injury attorneys on your side.
Contact an Ohio Automobile Accident Attorney at Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima
It is important to move quickly to protect your rights resulting from an automobile accident. If you have experienced an automobile accident, do not delay in contacting an Ohio automobile accident attorney to discuss your case. Contact the attorneys at Rittgers Rittgers & Nakajima for your consultation today.