Automobile accidents can cause a variety of personal injuries with a long-lasting impact on accident victims. An attorney can be a great help to accident victims while dealing with automobile collisions and the resulting aftermath, especially when serious personal injuries are involved. If you or a loved one were involved in one of the more than nearly 300,000 car accidents that happen in Ohio every year, contact a personal injury attorney at Rittgers & Rittgers to discuss your personal injury claim.
Types of Long-Lasting Car Crash Injuries
- Traumatic Brain Injuries: Traumatic brain injuries range from temporary deficits to permanent damage. Traumatic brain injury patients may have long-lasting impairments that affect their ability to work, learn, and care for themselves. Resulting serious conditions include seizures, coma, and being in a vegetative state.
- Spinal Cord Injuries: A spinal cord injury is serious and often results in limited mobility or paralysis. Accident victims may need to remodel or purchase vehicles and homes that can accommodate wheelchairs.
- Scarring and Other Disfigurement: Car accidents can be destructive. In a car accident, broken glass, metal car parts, and fire can seriously injure the passengers of the vehicle. If any passengers are thrown from the vehicle there is also a risk of severe injury from impact with the road or surrounding area. Serious wounds from car accidents can leave permanent scars even after healing and can affect a person’s appearance and ability to function as before.
- Soft Tissue Injuries: In the impact of a car accident, the body can experience significant trauma. Muscles, ligaments, and tendons can be stretched, ripped, or torn while experiencing the impact of an accident, limiting mobility and causing long-lasting pain.
- Mental and Emotional Trauma: After a car accident, mental and emotional conditions may develop or increase. Anxiety and fear may be more present as a victim overcomes a devastating car collision. Grief and depression may result in survivors if a loved one has died as a result of the automobile accident. Post-traumatic stress disorder can manifest during the recovery period as well.
Treatment for Long-Lasting Personal Injuries
Taking care of your medical needs after an automobile collision is a priority. Treatment for long-lasting personal injuries from automobile collisions will vary depending on the type and severity of the injury. Broken bones can be set, surgery can repair the damage, and physical therapy can restore mobility in many instances. On-going therapy to address mental, emotional, and occupational issues can help you overcome the pain. As you focus on this recovery, let an experienced personal injury attorney handle the legal claims of your case so you can recover what you are entitled to receive.
Contact a Personal Injury Attorney at Rittgers & Rittgers
If you or a loved one is suffering from a long-lasting personal injury from an automobile accident, a personal injury attorney can help with your personal injury recovery. Contact a personal injury attorney at Rittgers & Rittgers to discuss your claim today. We represent clients throughout Ohio and Kentucky.